A Family Law Attorney Can Help Protect Your Rights
Matters related to family law can be complex, time-consuming, and overwhelming to navigate on your own. Our firm’s family law attorneys understand the day-to-day stressors these situations cause and the impact they have on your quality of life. We provide compassionate legal services to clients in the Burlington, VT, area to help you through this difficult time. Whether you want expert legal advice for your prenuptial agreement or you are filing for divorce, our attorneys can handle these delicate matters with the professionalism and compassion you deserve. Contact our law firm today to discuss your family law needs with one of our attorneys.
Reasons to Seek Advice from a Family Law Attorney
Family law covers a broad range of client needs. Our attorneys can provide expert legal counsel for many family law situations, including:
- Divorce: Our attorneys can help clients in the assessment of their assets and negotiate a fair division to help retain financial security.
- Alimony: Also referred to as spousal support, alimony is paid from one spouse to the other to provide financial support. Our attorneys can help you determine an appropriate amount of alimony that will allow you to maintain your standard of living.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements are a wise choice for couples of all financial means—not just for those who are wealthy. Both pre- and postnuptial agreements can protect your assets and eliminate some of the more common marital conflicts that can arise.
We understand how stressful these situations can be and make every effort to handle as much of the legal process as possible to take the burden off our clients’ shoulders.
- Property Division: Rather than a 50/50 split, the state of Vermont prefers an equitable division of assets. Our family law attorneys can help you assess the values of your property and develop a strategy for equitable division of those assets.
- Child Custody: For couples with children, child custody is one of the most debated issues. With help from our attorneys, you can develop a fair custody agreement with the child’s best interests and each parent’s capabilities in mind.
- Child Support: Another source of contention between divorcing or unmarried parents is child support. Generally, support is paid to the parent who has full or majority custody. Our attorneys can help calculate an appropriate amount.
- Child Visitation: Parents and grandparents are typically entitled to visitation rights, even if they do not have custody of the child. We can help you understand your rights and fight for them.
Why You Should Choose Kirkpatrick & Goldsborough for Your Family Law Needs
Three of our four attorneys specialize in sensitive and complex family law issues. We understand how stressful these situations can be and make every effort to handle as much of the legal process as possible to take the burden off our clients’ shoulders. We provide our clients with personalized attention and strive to have a meaningful and positive impact in their lives. Good communication is critical in any family law case, and our attorneys will keep you informed every step of the way.
Meet with a Compassionate Family Law Attorney Today
If you are going through a divorce, separation, or child custody battle, you need the family law attorneys at Kirkpatrick & Goldsborough. Call our law office at (802) 651-0960 or contact us online today to set up an initial consultation.
“We understand the complexities of the law and the anxiety it can generate for many people. We are here to explain the legal process and provide skilled advocacy to help our clients achieve their goals.”